Re: [openpgp] ECC point encoding and "flag byte"

2021-03-04 02:10:29
On Wed,  3 Mar 2021 23:38, Ángel said:

In this situation, it's good to have a data element which can
represent **something in native format** (or anything, hopefully).

No, you can't. Or rather, I expect it is an issue of terminology :-)

He meant in the algorithm/protocol/curve native format.  In fact we
already use the term "Native point format of the curve follows" in the
ECC pojnt compression flag bytes.

On the other hand, if you mean an opaque blob private to the algorithm,
that's perfectly fine (and what's already there, I think) *but* you
need to define it anyway, it doesn't matter if it's in the OpenPGP spec

The algorithm/protocol/curve already defines this.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner