Re: [openpgp] Key expiration ambiguity in rfc4880

2022-01-08 12:56:00
On 04/01/2022 14:54, Andrew Gallagher wrote:
FYI I have just opened merge request 113 [1] to clarify an ambiguity in the definition of key expiry times.

I have opened a further issue 71 [1] to propose deprecating the tricky and redundant "Key Expiration Time" subpacket in V5 signatures. It can be substituted in all known use cases by the simpler "Signature Expiration Time" subpacket, which has compatible semantics and is much easier to work with.

[1] https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/issues/71

--
Andrew Gallagher