Re: [openpgp] Stripped Primary Secret Keys

2022-05-09 01:24:38
On Sat,  7 May 2022 14:01, Paul Schaub said:

As far as I understand, GnuPG is using a (proprietary?) stubbing
mechanism to mark stripped secret keys.

Right.  This uses the private S2K mode 101 followed by the string
"GNU".

when parsing the secret key, Bouncy Castle is complaining that the
secret key stream doesn't start with a secret key tag (since now the
first packet in the stream is the primary public key packet).

I consider this correct.  You can't simply replace a secret key packet by
a public key packet.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein