Re: [openpgp] Stripped Primary Secret Keys

2022-05-09 05:28:55
Am 09.05.22 um 08:22 schrieb Werner Koch:
when parsing the secret key, Bouncy Castle is complaining that the
secret key stream doesn't start with a secret key tag (since now the
first packet in the stream is the primary public key packet).
I consider this correct.  You can't simply replace a secret key packet by
a public key packet.

Could you by the way elaborate on the reasons why you think it is not possible to just omit the secret key packet? Clearly the specification doesn't forbid doing this, so the only reason I could think of is the current status quo of how parsers handle reading keys?

Greetings,
Paul