Re: Charter?

2000-10-19 12:02:25
I am acronym facile; the IETF call for working groups required an acronym,
and Open Extensible Proxy Services has an acceptable acronym that is
the weighted average of all names that have been used for this group.
So, I used it; consistency, you know, is the hobgoblin of little minds.

Of course, the charter should be a product of the first BOF or WG meeting,
but this is what I've submitted as a placeholder:

  The proxy services area defines protocols and API's that enable proxies extend
  their services beyond protocol relays and caching.  The working group will
develop
  documents defining the architecture, policy model and elements, and
terminology.
  Protocols for delivering new services and policies related to their execution
will be
  defined and developed.  Other protocols, allowing the services to communicate
information
  about the protocol elements of the proxied protocol, will be developed.  A
security
  architecture for the administration of proxies with third party services will
be defined.
  The API to core services, such as protocol control and use, will be defined.

Hilarie