Re: Charter Update, Comments

2000-12-19 15:53:47
We've not got much overlap with MIDCOM; the main issue, as I see it,
is a common approach to policy rules, insofar as they relate to
proxied protocols and identity.  As for actually presenting application
level data to servers, I don't think MIDCOM is going there.  Have
others got a different impression of it?

The narrow vs. broad question, I'm going to answer it tomorrow,
but it's going to take more cycles than I've time for this afternoon,
as I've not got an immediate grasp of the core problem.

Hilarie

"Scott Brim" <sbrim(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> 12/19/00 02:27PM >>>

* Also, in 6 months or less we're going to need to see how OPES
  requirements overlap with Midcom (and maybe WEBI?) requirements.  What
  if there is enough overlap to make some level of alignment desirable,
  and the others are using COPS or some other highly extensible general
  transaction protocol?