Re: WCIP/Content-signaling

2000-12-20 14:40:44
It's not a "splinter group" per se.  The point is that the people interested
in this topic (a dozen or so in all) met after the WG/BOF meetings to discuss
further, and felt that sending all the mail to both CDN and WEBI on this
particular topic might overwhelm the many more people with much less interest.
So a separate mailing list was created, just like under CDN there are
additional lists for the strawman internet drafts, early adopters, and so on. T
This doesn't mean things won't go to the other lists when appropriate, just
that the lower-level discussions need not involve so many lists.

The next question is how WCIP relates to RUP, which is maybe what you were
really asking.  I'll let one of the WCIP authors answer that.

I'm responding to the full lists in the hopes that this satisfies and closes
the issue, but I know we risk a big email discussion of this.  Since WCIP was
previously discussed in the context of WREC, I propose that follow-ups go just
to WREC (webi not being established enough yet).

Fred