Re: IRML questions

2001-04-06 12:07:54
At 14:58 4/6/2001 -0400, Markus Hofmann wrote:
Ian Cooper wrote:

> The field values may or may not be case sensitive, depending on the
> specific header.  (E.g. ETag is case sensitive.).

Hmm... so can we decide based on the specific header whether the field
value is case sensitive or not? If we can do so in a reliable way, is
there still a need for the "case-sensitive" attribute?

I think that would be a very dangerous route to take. It assumes you know the semantics of every header that may be passed in HTTP, and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be the case.