Some Enquiries on IRML

2001-04-23 21:07:38
Hi,

After reading the various I-D, I have a couple of questions.  Appreciate if
anyone could clear my doubts.

(1) According to the OPES architecture draft, IRML loading is done via
secure file transfer.  Doesn't that limits the rules to be loaded
statically? There may be situations where the clients or content providers
wants to attach a rule on run time.  Is there any consideration to cater for
dynamic loading/unloading of IRMLs?  I understand that this would mean that
the transport mechanism (and perhaps IANA port number) need to be
considered.

(2) Bandwidth/Content adaptation has been quoted in various drafts as an
example OPES services.  IMHO, that requires QoS information to be effective.
Is there any consideration in expanding the IRML property names to include
QoS parameters as well? (Currently, IRML Draft defines "request-line",
"reponse-line", "request-path", "user-id", "system-date", and
"system-time").
This might be very useful, especially when IRML is extended to the RTP
protocol (I believe RTP is in the charter).

Thanks alot!

Chan Wah Ng