Re: Efficacy of rule specification, processing

2001-06-06 22:38:39
Maybe a general division of where the rule engine
is useful for control and the dynamic aspects of control
is needed.
At 04:34 PM 6/6/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>  However, he might move into a
> zone where there is heavy contention for bandwidth and he gets only a 10th of what
> he was receiving at start-up time. He may now want to strip video
> out and get only the audio in, for example.

regardless of other benefits - I don't think allowing dynamic rule upload would be very helpful in this situation (due to additional delay of the process). I guess mechanism that trigger different set of rules depending on changing conditions might be more helpful - if possible.

would be interesting to hear ideas on this tomorrow,

gamze

Gamze Seckin, Ph.D.
Luxxon Corporation
The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.  William James

Michael W. Condry
Director,  Network Edge Technology