Protocol Performance

2001-07-23 12:07:18

Hi,

regarding the recent discussions on ICAP and SOAP, I thought that it
might be interesting to take a closer look at the performance of both
protocols.

Is anybody aware of such a performance evaluation that does already
exist? Is there a SOAP over BEEP implementation that could be used for
testing purposes? If not, I would like to evaluate the Lucent ICAP
impelementation and the EASYSOAP SOAP implementation. Both are similar
in that they are written in C/C++ and can be compiled using gcc and that
they may be run on the same linux box. Any comments, suggestions, hints
are greatly appreciated.

Volker