??: Negating expressions (esp. regexp matches) in

2001-07-31 19:01:28

It's a good idea that set a new attribute for property which specify match
or not match .

Ting Wan

*Tel:(8610)68748088-8372
*Lucent Technologies  Inc.

-----????-----
???: Maurice Cinquini [mailto:mcinquini(_at_)speedera(_dot_)com]
????: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 12:50 AM
???: ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
??: Negating expressions (esp. regexp matches) in

In draft-beck-opes-irml-01.txt I don't see a way to negate
expressions in IRML.  I think that it is needed since it is
much clearer to say (and easier to get right):

    <property name="Host" not matches="\.de$">

than it is to say:

    <property name="Host" matches="[^e]$|[^d]e$|[^.]de$">

Maurice Cinquini      Senior Software Engineer      Speedera Networks

This message is for the named person(s) use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose,
intended recipient. SPEEDERA NETWORKS, INC. reserves the right to
monitor all e-mail communications through its network.