Re: OPES Failure Handling

2001-08-16 02:44:26

I think there should be provision for specifying "On failure Actions" for every
rule author( publisher/consumer). And it should be certainly for end user(
consumer).

    Few days back, I had put up these issues in mailing list. I had also
proposed changes in rule file by addition of one attribute "MANDATORY" to
"ACTION" element.

    If attribute is MANDATORY, it specifies that, execution of this service is
MUST. If service couldn't be executed due to unavailability or crash, then some
error should be sent.

    I had also suggested provision of alternate service location element in
rule
file,if rule author is providing a service location. Or,rule author can also
specify some default service( of same type) provided by OPES owner.It can be
virus scanning.

    Comments ?

    --Rajnish