RE: I hate to moan, but

2001-11-12 15:08:25

Sorry for the misinterpretation, but the intend was not to establish/force
an Intel API document, instead it was to put side by side relevant work in
the area as a convenience to mailing list members. We'll remove the logo
from the draft.

This doc has not been publicly debated on the OPES mailing list as APIs work
is outside the scope of the proposed IETF OPES charter. Nevertheless we'll
make an effort to publish it in HTML/PDF format.

Thanks
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Cooper [mailto:ian(_at_)the-coopers(_dot_)org]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 11:36 AM
To: ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Cc: andrew(_dot_)walker(_at_)thundercrack(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: I hate to moan, but

I'd echo Andrew's concerns, while also noting that the API
section of the
web site seems to have attempted to "distance" itself from
the IETF side of
the work.  (That said, the fact that the host part of the URL for the
document contains the letters "ietf" is a little worrying...)

I'm also concerned that I'm seeing non-ASCII/PS documents...

Is there any chance to convert the documents to some
multi-platform format?
HTML/PDF/ASCII (yeah, OK, I can fight and try to view PS,
heh)?  This is
definitely an issue in the security issues section where I
see a PowerPoint
presentation (something I can't view on my current machine).

--On Monday, November 12, 2001 18:26 +0000 Andrew Walker