I hate to moan, but

2001-11-12 11:26:24

I've noticed that the the ietf-opes website is now hosting API documents,
this is great. Thanks for that.

http://www.ietf-opes.org/Proposed%20APIsMain.htm

I have noticed however that the way that the API documents are announced on
the website is a little inconsistent with the other documents. An Intel
document (as of yet unanounced on this public list) seems to be
being presented as a bone-fide OPES API with a document I authored being
presented as as thundercracks alternate proposal. All other documents on the
website are labeled in synopsis as title/filename/abstract without any
indication of company ownership.

Whilst I do appreciate that there are two alternate proposals and actively
want to produce a consensual document, I do object to the presentation of a
document privately authored by the co-chair's company taking precedence over
a publicly debated document. A posting in this way could be seen as devisive.
If this has been a simple oversight by the webmaster, I apologise in advance.

--
Regards,

Andrew Walker
Thundercrack Ltd.
17 Rathbone Street
London, W1T 1ND
UK

Phone:  +44 020 7631 1000
EMail:   andrew(_dot_)walker(_at_)thundercrack(_dot_)com
URI:     http://www.thundercrack.com