Re: IAB Requirement for OPES

2001-11-19 08:23:16

Ian Cooper wrote:

The examples you give seem more closely related to ones that could be performed in a proxy, or indeed a router (depending on which layer you want your logs/bills to consider). As such I don't really see what they would have to do with OPES per se., though I can understand why you're asking the question.

Yup, agreed, the given services are typically more closely related to devices such as the ones you mentioned (hmm..., a "proxy" could possible run a local OPES proxylet for logging/billing, what about this case?).

I'm just wondering whether this consideration rules out realizing such services in an OPES framework and whether this is intentional or whether we need more clarification on this.