RE: IAB Requirement for OPES

2001-11-19 13:13:31

Is this requirement true for caches and proxy deployed today, or would this
be applied only to OPES devices ?

Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrik Johansson [mailto:patrik(_at_)lokomo(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 11:30 AM
To: 'Leslie Daigle'
Cc: 'OPES Group'
Subject: RE: IAB Requirement for OPES

I agree with you Leslie. Reading can definitely be
destructive. For me it's
like tapping a phone conversation, you "read" without "modifying".

By the way, according to Swedish law, if the security police
wants to tap a
telephone conversation a public prosecutor first must
approve. But if one
person taking part in the tele conversation is aware of the bugging no
approval is needed. You don't even have to be a police to tap it.

So I also recommend at least one-party consent for reading.

/Patrik