Re: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opes-protocol-re qs-00.txt

2002-05-30 15:42:17

Graham Klyne wrote:

> I think that's OK if: (a) the callout processor can be trusted by
> the dispatcher to not save or distribute the information provided
> beyond the immediate requirements of processing, and

Yes (you probably refer to a "callout SERVER" whan talking about a "callout PROCESSOR", right :)

> (b) it is clear that the callout processor only performs
> transformations that are explicitly requested by the dispatcher.

Yes.

> Should that much be mentioned in security considerations?

I wouldn't have a problem with mentioning that, except maybe that it does not directly relate to the protocol itself. I rather thought this would have to be included either in the architecture draft or maybe better in the "policy enforcement" document.

-Markus