Re: Comments on Architecture draft (-02)

2002-07-30 08:09:35

Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:

> I feel that the relation between OPES and ICAP should be clarified.
> I thought that the OPES effort will extend (and generalize) ICAP.

The OPES WG will consider and discuss iCAP (and possible other protocol candidates), and then decide how to move on and whether or not to extend iCAP.

The sooner we get the current WG drafts wrapped up (e.g. the protocol requirements draft), the sooner we can start a meaningful discussion on protocol issues (including iCAP).