Re: is IDNA an OPES?

2003-03-05 14:51:36

I haven't read the IDNA draft either, but I'll accept your analysis
and quibble a little with the characterization of OPES as acting only
on "valid application messages".  One value of proxies is the ability
to deal with commonly malformed requests and responses - things that
were not well described in the application specification and lead to
unneccessary loss of interoperability.  Being that this kind of fixup
is a reasonable proxy function, it should also be a valid OPES
function.  So, I'd think IDNA may well be an OPES scenario.

Hilarie