RE: is IDNA an OPES?

2003-03-05 06:45:26

jfcm,

I would like you to really have a definition of the IDNA and then compare it
to see if it fits within our charter.

We have a very focused charter and we have to stick with it.

This is not to say that good ideas are not in IDNA.

After we complete the first set of deliverable, the time will arrive when we
need to recharter.
These ideas can be used in that activity.

thanks

abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: jfcm [mailto:info(_at_)utel(_dot_)net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 7:21 PM
To: ietf-openproxy(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: is IDNA an OPES?

I would like to know if you consider the IDNA process as an
OPES or not. It
changes data in the flow from the user's point of view. The
reason why I
ask is that the plug-in used to support IDNA may be used for
other purposes
as well (as a dispatcher), support OPES management and be a
candidate for
callout protocol - for example to support DNS like services.
An example is
the "go:" scheme ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3368.txt
jfc