Re: copying commitment and deadlock

2003-03-24 19:38:39

I started trying to read this thread and I find that I need a summary
of how we got here and what we are trying to accomplish.  I can follow
the details, but cannot tell why we are discussing what seems a fairly
complicated interaction.  I'm uncomfortable about messages that
implied that we are trying to support a layer 7 switch architecture.
If that's at the heart of this, I'm dismayed.  If not, I don't know
what's going on.  I have a lot of trouble understanding the value of
this if there's anything other than "this is a copied stream" and
"this is not a copied stream".

Could someone provide a succinct description of the problem?

Hilarie