OCP Core version head_sid4 available

2003-04-10 09:52:30

To the best of my knowledge, all new specific OCP comments that caused
no further objections/questions are now applied to the draft. The
"application message" definition and related text has been changed
(improved?) again. I think we are getting close to a stable definition
though.

If you have any additions or corrections for the [new] misspelled
Acknowledgments section, please let me know. The authors list is not
frozen either, of course.

The [major] change log is quoted below. The latest snapshot, including
XML sources for those doing hands-on modifications, is available at

        http://www.measurement-factory.com/tmp/opes/

Please continue to comment and work on the to-do list.

Thank you,

Alex.

-------------- change log ----------------

Appendix B. Change Log
<217>
<218>
   o  Changed document labels to reflect future "WG draft" status.
<219>
   o  Added Acknowledgments section.
<220>
   o  Added "Core" to the title since we expect application specific
      drafts to follow and because this document, even when complete,
      cannot specify a "working" protocol without application-specific
      parts. This change is still debatable.
<221>
   o  Added reference to required future application-specific specs in
      the Introduction.
<222>
   o  Moved all rant about irrelevance of application protocols proxied
      by an OPES processor to the "Application proxies and OCP scope"
      section. Removed "processor input" and "processor output" terms.
      No reason to define a new term when its only purpose is to
      document irrelevance?
<223>
   o  Moved "OCP message" definition to the terminology section.
<224>
   o  Clarified "application message" definition based on recent WG
      discussions and suggestions. There seems to be consensus that
      "application message" is whatever OPES processor and callout
      server define or agree on, but OCP needs some minimal structure
      (content + metadata)
<225>
   o  Synced data and metadata definitions with the new "application
      message" definition.
<226>
   o  Simplified "Overall Operation" section since it no longer need to
      talk about irrelevance of application protocols proxied by an OPES
      processor.
<227>
   o  Illustrated nesting/relationship of key OCP concepts (application
      message, OCP message, transaction, connection, transport
      connection, etc.). The figure needs more work.
<228>
   o  Listed all from-processor and from-server OCP messages in one
      place, with references to message definitions.
<229>
   o  Added "services" message parameter, assuming that more than one
      service may be requested/executed with one transaction.
<230>
   o  Gave callout server ability to report what services were actually
      applied (see "services" parameter definition).