RE: OCP transport vote, commitment

2003-05-10 21:51:55

All weighted personal preferences indicate that OCP/OCPTRAN is the
direction to go. Nobody has preferred any other option more.
Interestingly enough, the choice among ICAP/1.1 and OCP/BEEP options
is not clear. Several people value both options equally; some lean
towards the former; some towards the latter.

        ICAP/1.1  OCP/OCPTRAN  OCP/BEEP
             0       100           0
             5        75          20
            20        65          15
             5        55          40
            25        50          25

There are two ways to proceed, I guess. We can propose to develop
OCP/OCPTRAN and wait for any objections until, say, Wednesday.
Alternatively, we can pressure other active members into making up
their minds (or asking more questions) until everybody has spoken.

Markus, Marshall, do you think we need more votes/comments? Should
we test for consensus regarding OCP/OCPTRAN now?

P.S. If we had more active participants, we could try to do two
     "pilot" protocol drafts (OCPTRAN and BEEP), but it seems that we
     do not have the luxury of extra cycles and would have to decide
     while many factors are still not perfectly clear and some are
     not even known.