RE: OCP transport vote, commitment

2003-05-13 08:49:34

Let's try to see if there is consensus regarding proceeding with
OCP/OCPTRAN development.

I scanned the list archive to determine a group of "active
participants". If we include everybody who posted at least 4 e-mails
to the group mailing list in 2003, we get an "active" group of 9
people, generating about 640 e-mails. (For comparison, if we include
everybody who posted 2-3 substantive e-mails in 2003, we get about 14
people, generating about 652 e-mails.)

We know weighted preferences of 6 active participants out of 9:

       ICAP/1.1  OCP/OCPTRAN  OCP/BEEP
            0       100           0
            0        80          20
            5        75          20
           20        65          15
            5        55          40
           25        50          25

We do not know the opinions of the remaining three activists: Marshall
Rose, Markus Hofmann, and Reinaldo Penno. Guys, could you please voice
your current preferences?

If we hear no objections for the next 24 hours, let's consider the
issue closed and proceed with the OCP/OCPTRAN development.

Thank you,

Alex.

P.S. I do not mean to step on chairs' toes; I just want to make
     sure that we continue moving since everybody who spoke
     seem to prefer OCPTRAN. If I am making a procedural mistake,
     please step up and do whatever is appropriate to get us to
     a proper closure!