Re: renaming original dataflow

2003-08-20 12:57:11

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, jfcm wrote:

Another problem are "virgin data" still virgin after having crossed
an OPES system and stayed unaltered? Many people will ask because
not nécessarily obvious?

By OCP definition, any data that was processed (seen/touched) by a
callout server is "adapted", regardless of whether data bytes remained
unchanged. The idea is that just seeing (hence, possibly copying or
exporting) the data is sufficiently important to be traced/etc. In
other words, in OCP context, seeing data is as important as modifying
data.

Whatever word we choose, the problem you mention will persist, I
guess. The only solution may be to go back to "input/output"
terminology which I think we already rejected for other reasons.