Re: renaming original dataflow

2003-08-20 14:53:55

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, jfcm wrote:

The point is only is this. Are the two sentences intuitively clear
for every one.

"The virgin data adaptation left them unchanged"
"The original data adaptation left them unchanged".

The first one is not clear to me as "virigin" intuitively means
that nothing happened even leaving it unchanged.

Both sentences are very confusing (grammatically, IMHO). A better
version might be:

"Adaptation of virgin data resulted in no changes to the data"
"Adaptation of original resulted in no changes to the data"

Both make sense and are clear enough to me.

The problem comes when we say

"Adapted data was not changed by the callout server"
"Adapted data and original data are identical"

Some would question: What was "adapted" then?