Re: moving along on rules language

2003-08-22 12:27:08

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Marshall Rose wrote:

otherwise, then unless someone can produce a credible alternative pdq,

Could you please briefly define/describe rough credibility criteria?
For example, does the alternative need to come as an ID comparable to
irml-03 in size? Does the alternative have to cover HTTP and other
application-specific things that irml-03 covers (though there may
already be consensus that those things do not belong to IRML Core)?

I can come up with an alternative that a reasonable technical person
would understand and can extrapolate, but I need to know the minimum
requirements better so that I do not waste time on something that
cannot be accepted as a viable alternative in the nearest future.

Thank you,