[opes-end-comm]: What is traceable in an OPES Flow?

2003-08-28 12:54:26
Hi,

I am working my way through the tracing draft.
The next issue is section 2.1 "What is traceable in an OPES Flow?"

The section is below

  o  The data consumer application end point MUST be able to identify
      the OPES processors that have acted on an application message.

   o  The data consumer application end point SHOULD be able to identify
      OPES services (including callout services) that were performed on
      request/responses that are part of an application message.

   o  TBD

   o  TBD

   For a given trace, an OPES entity involved in handling the
   corresponding application message is "traceable" or "traced" if
   information about it appears in that trace. OPES entities have
   different levels of traceability requirements. Specifically,

   o  An OPES system MUST be traceable

   o  An OPES processor SHOULD be traceable

   o  An OPES service MAY be traceable

I need feedback from the WG on this issue. Please send your remark ASAP

Abbie