Optional Notification?

2003-08-29 09:09:01

Hi,

in addition to the points Abbie already mentioned, we also need to discuss the notion of having optional notifications being sent - This was something briefly mentioned at the Vienna meeting.

We already agreed that notifications should *not* be sent per default per message (scalability problems - notification aggregation was mentioned as possible approach to overcome this).

An idea might be to specify sort of a flag that would allow endpoints to signal that they want to receive an explicit notification if an OPES service is applied to this specific message. This would allow endpoints to do some (random?) probes. The flag could possibly also include how the notification should be sent (e.g. via email, or by issuing an HTTP request, or....)

Any thoughts?

-Markus