RE: Optional Notification?

2003-08-29 13:03:18

Hi,
yes, no problem.
But we should be very clear on the boundary.
I really do not want to start an something that is optional that ends being
fully in scope and a ticket for a new disaster.

abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Hofmann [mailto:markus(_at_)mhof(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 3:19 PM
To: Barbir, Abbie [CAR:1A11:EXCH]
Cc: OPES Group
Subject: Re: Optional Notification?

Abbie Barbir wrote:

I think we can mention that, but I really doubt that we should get
involved in it.

Aptional Notification in my opnion should be out of scope.

I agree in that we do *not* want to take on the specification of a
separate notification protocol, but getting the necessary hooks into
HTTP/OCP binding is very well in scope (e.g. using an additional HTTP
header as discussed).