RE: Bypassing

2003-10-03 10:21:10

Yes,
the loop
u r righ

good point

abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Rousskov [mailto:rousskov(_at_)measurement-factory(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 1:19 PM
To: Barbir, Abbie [CAR:1A11:EXCH]
Cc: OPES WG (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Bypassing

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Abbie Barbir wrote:

Tracing can be used to detremine if non-blocking was
performed or not.

Not exactly (depending on what you mean by "perform").
Tracing can be used to determine whether OPES is still in the
loop. The trace does not tell you whether bypass was
considered but no non-OPES version of the content was
available (and so you should stop trying) or whether bypass
instruction was ignored (and so you might be lucky if you try
again, perhaps using a different path through OPES).

This is an important distinction to document. I do not know
whether it is important enough for us to require that the
trace includes "I tried but could not bypass" info.