RE: capability negotiations

2003-10-10 14:52:11

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Martin Stecher wrote:

I would like to propose option 4, my favorite:

 message = name [SP anonym-parameters]
           [CRLF named-parameters CRLF]
           [CRLF payload CRLF]
           ";" CRLF

 structure = "{" [anonym-parameters] [CRLF named-parameters CRLF] "}"

This is a consistent and symetric and easy syntax.
It allows for single line messages. Message rendering looks good.

We have a winner, I think.

Fast-scanning for end-of-headers is more difficult with this option,
but is still simple enough, I guess. One just have to scan for:
        CRLF digit / ";" CRLF

I was too stuck on CRLF CRLF payload separator to see option 4 :-/.

I will commit the change.

Thank you,