RE: transfer- and content-encoding

2003-10-16 04:26:19

Hi,

    Adaptations that use HTTP transfer-encodings MUST be
    explicitly negotiated. This specification does not document
    such negotiations.

Yes.

I will incorporate into the draft.

    In the absence of explicit transfer-encoding negotiations, an
    OCP agent MUST NOT send transfer-encoded application messages.
    Informally, this means that the agent or its environment have
    to make sure that all transfer encodings are stripped before
    an application message enters OCP scope.

Yes.

I will incorporate into the draft.

       If an OCP agent receives transfer-encoded application data
       in violation of the above requirement, the agent MAY
terminate
       the corresponding OCP transaction.

I prefer MUST terminate. It will make things cleaner - there is little
benefit in having an undefined behaviour, when we have explicit
requirement for negotiation already there (three paragraphs up :}).

I think MAY is better. Think about a callout service which is not dealing with
the message body at all. We should not force it to implement checks for protocol
correctness of the peer, if it works even with the violation.

Regards
Martin