RE: documenting OCP parameters

2003-10-24 23:50:25

Yes, I noticed that problem too. In addition to what you mention
above, it is bad that Http-Profile has to re-list Uri as a member.

Note that documenting with BNF does not solve it since NO message
definition still has Services. The only thing I could come up with is
inheritance-like approach, which I hesitated to propose as a starting
point. For example, in HTTP you would write:

      Profile: structure <Service> {
                   [Aux-Parts: Am-Parts];
                   [Skip-Parts: Am-Parts];
      };

Would that be clear enough? Or would you prefer:

      Profile: structure Service with {
              [Aux-Parts: Am-Parts];
              [Skip-Parts: Am-Parts];
      };

or

      Profile: extends Service with {
              [Aux-Parts: Am-Parts];
              [Skip-Parts: Am-Parts];
      };

I think, this last option is easiest to understand.

Martin