An opes usage question.

2004-01-07 15:52:00

I have been looking over the opes drafts and trying to understand the efficiency of a distributed opes framework with a large volume of activity (and also trying to gauge how useful it would be for time dependent service execution activities). Consider an opes service where application data is transformed (or adapted) in some way. My question is, If I send the data flow to a callout server to perform some opes service task (or a string of call out servers), does the data always have to return to the data dispatcher at the opes data processor that directed the flow to the call out server in the first place (an ancillary question is: can just trace data and billing information only be sent back)?. Basically, will an opes framework allow the use of a piplining approach where once the service is complete at the call out server, the adapted application data can be forwarded directly to the data producer or data consumer (what ever the case may be)? Any information, advice or council would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Regards   John