Re: P work in new charter

2004-07-01 06:06:20

Geetha Manjunath wrote:

I beleive and agree with others on the need for  local services for peformance
reasons. If the mechanism is an indirect way of registering local services that
is
fine - but then we should clearly specify means of interfacing external modules
P. [ does that add to the scope of P? ]

All you need is calling a local service from within "P" - just as you would call a remotes service, it's just running on the local machine. Alex elaborated in this in his previous email.

Can you please give me specific pointers to existing mechanisms here? I would
like
to evaluate their sufficiency  for the intended usage.

For example, use a CLI to load a rules file locally on the machine, use FTP to transfer a rules file, you might use HTTP....

-Markus