Re: is SMTP a candidate for OPES ?

2004-07-06 12:10:55

I think we all understand the difference between the stream of packets
comprising an application message and the message itself.  What we
don't understand is what, if anything, jfcm may be proposing for OPES.
I believe he is trying to find a way to use OPES to keep SMTP messages
a logical "streams", even when almost the entire message must be
available to an OPES service.  This does not seem to affect the OPES
charter or architecture.  It's an application of OPES, and an example
of how, given enough state, anything can be turned into a stream
processing model.

Hilarie