RE: Which SMTP element?

2004-07-14 05:31:45

Given the above, I think MTA is an appropriate first target. Since we
are OPES, we should be looking for an intermediary here. Targeting
MUAs would be like targeting browsers in OCP/HTTP profile, right? The
latter is not theoretically inappropriate (nobody can clearly define
what an intermediary or "edge" is), but also not important enough for
OPES right now.

I fully agree.

Moreover, could we try to simplify the charter by removing all other
SMTP agents from it? Can we just hope that OCP/SMTP profile with a
focus on MTAs will be applicable enough to MSAs and MDAs? We can
always add MSA- or MDA-specific features later, right?

I second that.

Regards
Martin