Re: Which SMTP element?

2004-07-14 07:48:35

Martin Stecher wrote:

Moreover, could we try to simplify the charter by removing all other
SMTP agents from it? Can we just hope that OCP/SMTP profile with a
focus on MTAs will be applicable enough to MSAs and MDAs? We can
always add MSA- or MDA-specific features later, right?

I second that.

While I agree, where' then back to having a single - albeit more focused - SMTP milestone. Ted's original suggestion was that a singel milestone seems a bit monolithicand that it might be worthwhile to split the SMTP work into multiple milestones.

Now, with the more focused and narrow SMTP milestone, that might be ok, but if anyone has any suggestions...