Re: SMTP or MIME in Strawman OPES Charter

2004-07-15 06:37:15

Alex Rousskov wrote:

IMO, a short Use Cases section in the "SMTP adaptation with OPES"
draft would be a better choice. More people will read and benefit from
it that way.

While I typically prefer to minimize the number of documents, in this case a separate use cases draft might help getting an exact understanding of the type of services considered in scope. An early use cases draft also proofed to be helpful in answering questions about the scope of the work (I used our existing use cases draft several times in this context).

I'm certainly sensitive to the suggestion of merging it into the protoco ldraft, but for now let us add a additional deliverable, and if there are strong feelings we can change that in the final version of the charter.

I'll send out an updated charter proposal within a few minutes.

It might make sense to separate SMTP command adaptation draft from
SMTP MIME message adaptation draft, but I am not sure. I would
probably shoot for one draft and split later if we feel like it.

I would agree with that.

-Markus