Re: SMTP or MIME in Strawman OPES Charter

2004-07-15 21:57:22

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, jfcm wrote:

It might make sense to separate SMTP command adaptation draft from
SMTP MIME message adaptation draft, but I am not sure. I would
probably shoot for one draft and split later if we feel like it.

What if an SMTP command is to be changed due to the content (or
simply the size or the character set etc.) of the MIME message.

Then we would need a service that adapts SMTP commands knowing MIME
message details. We have an example of that in HTTP: adapting
delayed or come after the MIME message can be adapted that way.

The above needs are an argument for _not_ splitting SMTP draft into
commands and MIME adaptation drafts.

Alex.