Re: Next Step on Uses Cases Draft

2005-03-23 11:14:58

It's less about "having" the list, it's more about getting the list in written words and int othe draft.

-Markus

jfcm wrote:

At 06:34 23/03/2005, Markus Hofmann wrote:

Folks,
coming out of the IETF Meeting in Minneapolis, we need to revamp our SMTP Use Cases Draft.

The current draft attempts to categorize use cases and to come up with sort of a classification. Instead of doing this, general feedback was that the draft should explain/list very concret uses cases. This will help to set the scope.

Maybe a structure similar to the one we had in the outdated/expired document http://papers.mhof.com/draft-beck-opes-esfnep-01.txt might be helpful (forget about the "business model" parts, but the listing of use case descriptions seems helpful). MArtin's list at http://www.martin-stecher.de/opes/smtpusecases.html looks like a good starting point - the uses cases just would have to be detailed.

Any opinions? We need to get this wrapped up very soon.

We collectively did that 3 months ago. Just take all the cases we documented in "SMTP Uses case" thread and my "applications addition". And say were/how we will carry all of them.

I am not sure I have all the mails stored, so I cannot do it. We can also have a rerun. Whan we have all the list, we could send it on the general list calling for additional suggestions. This would might give some new ideas. We would get notice, probably interest and support.
jfc