Re: No OPES WG Meeting in PAris

2005-07-13 10:27:33

I'm sorry that I'm not going to Paris, and sorry that the rules language
is going so slowly.  I'd hoped to have a draft done on Monday, but it is
looking as though several more days will pass before it's ready.

I have several issues.

1. Should the language be able to store metadata about message and/or
   connection state?  Should it be able to accept such information
   from the callout protocol?

2. Should the rules be able to load data from files?  For example, long
  lists of IP addresses?  So that instead of writing a rules for
  each IP address, one could write
    (if address.ip.src member-of (file-data("ip-addresses")) ...
  or
    initializiation:
     file-to-array("ip-addresses", ip-address-array)
     rules:
   (if address.ip.src member-of ip-address-array ...

3. Is there any reason not to include full regexp matching?