shuttle/CRC

2005-07-13 15:35:54

At 22:32 13/07/2005, The Purple Streak, Hilarie Orman wrote:

Thanks for the dicussion contribution.

What is the interface requirement between heterogeneous processes?

The rules language has the ability to dispatch data streams to many
OPES services, not must SMTP.  It must be able to specify which
messages go to which services.

The rules may be also be invoked on data returning from an OPES service.

Each rule is a condition and an action.  If the condition is met
then the action is invoked.  Your note seems to focus only on
parameters that are part of the action, as if the condition tests
didn't exist.  Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

I have the same reading. But this might be considered as a small building block,simplifying the analysis (RFC 1958)?

I have another totally different need which might also cover an OPES need in here. I am better of explaining the need in trying to use OPES wording so the similarities may be better viewed. I describe my need however, not to try to follow previous work in here so the first question can be "are there significant similarities". And if yes to look more into it. And if my need could not be in several ways an OPES application.

- I name CRC (common reference center) a clearing house for common information to the members of a relation, community, etc. - I name "shuttle" the one shot transaction which ask the CRC one information identified by its number, associated to a tag (ex. $list_name/1001) - I name "spice box" (shuttled private information cache exchange) the cache of the data received from the shuttled or processed from them. let consider it is an opposite to the cookie (my secret knowledge of the external world).

This means that when in a text the filter needs to replace $list_name by its value, it will call the 1001 in the spice box which in turn will call on the CRC.

I am interested in having the shuttle authenticated.

In most of the case the shuttle transaction will be one datagram. And be used to also to carry a command/signal. So UDP seems adequate. But when the transported information is longer, OCP could be of interest? Then obviously this system is destined in interrelating (on my machine, under my control) with the applications such as SMTP.

Obviously the information of the CRC is more static than in OPES (call-out servers can be quite dynamic). But CRC will use IPv6 access grids. This means that each information will be related to a number which is an InterfaceID. So one can call many CRCs to get/prioritised environment (something OPES could also do).

I look for experience for specifying a shuttle system (which may exist: it is like a one shot ping?). Also, I think this could be used easily to build permanent e-mail reroutes, etc.

I apologize if this is out of context.
Thank you.
jfc