Re: Possible new Real-Time Applications and Infrastucture (RAI) Area

2005-09-19 17:46:44

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

FYI. On IETF main.

At 23:05 19/09/2005, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
I guess I would go for "Low Latency Applications and Infrastucture " (LLAI) myself.

Do you conceptually accept in that wording that an OPES can be plugged in there, for example as part of a service to the exchange? The WG-OPES has worked on HTTP, and now on SMTP. IMHO OPES also fit pseudo-synchronous exchanges. In that case the WG-OPES should be able to dialog with the new area at a later stage.
jfc

Conceptually, the OPES framework could also be applied to "real-time applications" - at an earlier stage, we discussed applicability to RTP, for example.