Re: OPES callout protocol

2007-02-02 11:09:11

Martin,

understood, but I don't have more than the mailing list archives to point to and the document you mentioned.

Discussions centered mainly around possible overhead of SOAP/XML and around special protocol features such as preview/early abort etc.

Thanks,
  Makrus

Martin Thelian wrote:
Hi!

Of course, I've already tried to search the mailing-list archive, but it
was not possible for me to follow the discussion. It seems that the
discussion just fizzled out. But I'll try it again.

I've found a document describing how SOAP could be used as callout protocol
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/01dec/I-D/draft-rrahman-web-service-00.txt
but I could not find a statement whether this is a good or bad solution.

Thanks,
Martin

Markus Hofmann wrote:
Martin,

there was quite some discussion on the mailing list about this - a
search in the mailing list archive should point you to the emails.

Thanks,
  Markus

Martin Thelian wrote:
Hi!

Is there any document or posting on the mailing-list that summarizes why
SOAP was not chose as OPES callout-protocol?
I don't want to start a discussion about this topic. I would just like
to know the reasons.

Thank you!
Martin Thelian