Re: OPES callout protocol

2007-02-03 22:46:10

Hi!

I've found the following page: http://jefsey.com/ocph.htm
So it seems that SOAP previously dropped out as a callout-protocol
candidate, because of the following reasons I have collected from the
mailinglist: complexity, bandwidth, delay, size of the transported
information, no "standard" way to transmit opaque data, etc.

Thank you both for your help.

Martin

Markus Hofmann wrote:
Martin,

understood, but I don't have more than the mailing list archives to
point to and the document you mentioned.

Discussions centered mainly around possible overhead of SOAP/XML and
around special protocol features such as preview/early abort etc.

Thanks,
  Makrus