RE: The RC2 debate

1997-04-24 15:32:37
On Wednesday, April 23, 1997 11:07 AM, Ned Freed
[SMTP:Ned(_dot_)Freed(_at_)innosoft(_dot_)com] wrote:
Keith, I don't mean to be unfriendly, but this is an absolute showstopper as
far as I'm concerned. So let me be blunt. I believe that progressing a
standard
with a RC2 reference in it is a formal violation of IETF rules as long the
status claimed by RSA doesn't change. And this is one rule I happen to
believe
must be enforced for the good of the IETF. I also believe I have backed this
up
with language from the applicable procedures in force today and that your
reading of the procedures is entirely specious.

I don't understand -- the mere *mention* of RC2 in any IETF standard
document will cause you to be all cranky?  I suppose what you mean is
that if RC2 is a MUST then you will be all cranky.  I think this is an
important distinction, so I'd like to get clarification on it.