RE: SMIMECapabilities Attribute

1997-10-08 14:12:14
On Wednesday, October 08, 1997 4:22 AM, jsw(_at_)netscape(_dot_)com
[SMTP:jsw(_at_)netscape(_dot_)com] wrote:
I agree.  Most of the time the two chains will be mostly the same.  We
don't want to duplicate the certs.  Lets just keep them where they are,
and add the attribute to indicate the key exchange cert.

I sense a trend here...

I wanted to fly the separate SEQUENCE OF certificates to see if there
was any interest.  I think that having an encryption cert hint
(something that identifies the certificate to use for encrypting, not
the certificate itself) would be useful as an authenticatedAttribute.

Blake C. Ramsdell
Worldtalk Corporation
For current info, check http://www.deming.com/users/blaker
Voice +1 425 882 8861 x103  Fax +1 425 882 8060